Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on eBay

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Dave Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on eBay
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:19:55 -0400
I think what "bothered" me is the description in the listing.  No doubt it
would make a nice project car, but the way it was advertised (hidden meaning),
and the way it actually is doesn't coincide.  At least to me.

tom

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

Guess I was too subtle.

I think the mileage is misrepresented, which is unethical if not illegal. I
would have no problem with "odometer indicates 56,092--actual mileage unknown,"
but this doesn't appear to be a 56K original miles car. I'd pay for a VIN
search before I bought this car--if it was registered at some time in the past
with more than 56K miles you'd have to assume it has at least 156K miles (if
the odometer is working).
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html