[Healeys] Camshaft removal

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Camshaft removal
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:53:51 -0400
I've removed all the components necessary (valve gear, lifters,
distributor drive, oil pump) and am at the stage where I've removed
the bolts and locating plate, and am ready to pull out the camshaft.
I want to do this carefully so that I don't get a sudden thunk and
damage the bearings with the journals, but I expected it to move more
easily than it is. I think I just have to overcome the suction of the
oil on the bearings, but I am surprized that I can't turn it with my
hand.
I thought maybe I'd re-attach the gear and gain a little purchase on
the shaft....
What do you think?
Just to forestall questions, I'll explain later why I'm removing the
cam, but the bearings are OK.

Stephen, BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html