[Healeys] First Drive (of the Season)

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] First Drive (of the Season)
From: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:46:37 +0000
I finally got the Healey out this morning and started it for the first time
this season.
This winter I got my distributor rebuilt by Advanced Distributors
http://www.advanceddistributors.com/.  The distributor and vacuum advance came
back looking like new. At the same time Jeff installed a Pertronix ignition.
I started the car, then adjusted the timing (didn't forget the wrench on the
dog nut this time) and took the car for its first drive. All I can say is
Ohmigawd!!! Well I can say more and here it is - the car has been transformed.
It feels like I have a different engine! I wasn't unhappy with the performance
before but this is a revelation. The car is noticeably smoother, accelerates
quicker and feels much stronger. It's the best thing I've done for the car,
performance wise.

No financial interest etc, etc. I'm a very satisfied customer and a firm
believer in what Jeff at Advanced Distributors can do for a British car. Jeff
is a great guy to talk to and frankly his work is a bargain.

Rick

ps - Obviously the first drive was great. Now I just have to get the new
exhaust system installed.

IM on the go with Messenger on your phone
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9712960
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html