Re: [Healeys] Wheel Well Vents

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheel Well Vents
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:17:57 -0400
Ray
I owned a modified 100 for a number of years that had the front wheel
wells perforated with various sized holes. They were mainly in the
vertical portion of the panel adjacent to the shroud support. It didn't
really impact the water, stone, etc control.  With the engine running,
in my case a 355 Chevy, you could feel the hot air escaping through the
holes.  Must say that those holes were not where the biggest hot air
volume left the bay, at idle.  At speed I have no idea how well the
holes worked.  I was smiling to much to care.  Holes or not, cooling of
any sized engine has much to do with air flow. I had a fully shrouded
radiator front and back.  With a four or six in the engine bay there is
a lot of room for the post radiator air to leavethe engine bay around
the engine.
Aloha
Perry