Re: [Healeys] Early 3000 rotors

To: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Early 3000 rotors
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:07:12 -0700
Richard,

My shop manual reprint states the following:

"Either or both sides may be ground, but no more that 0.040 in. (1.02
mm.) should be removed from each disc, i.e. after grinding the thickness
must not be less than 0.335 in. (8.51 mm)."

So, whipping out my calculator, that means the disc would be 0.375 in.
when new (that's 3/8 in.).  That's fairly thin, so I believe it must be
for an early (BN7, BT7) rotor.  I can't find any thickness spec for a
BJ8 disc, but I believe they're closer to a half inch (I have a new one
I can measure if you need it).

Bob