Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 4, Issue 226

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 4, Issue 226
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:14:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/5/10 4:59:40 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> Alternators on the other hand have to have power in the circuit to
> excite them. That means there has to be voltage to excite them.
> No battery = no excitation

Fascinating, Now maybe you can explain why my race car with an alternator
in the ignition circuit, and a battery hooked to ground with a cut-off
switch, would happily continue to run when I switched off the battery. Tracy
has
just rewired it so that the cut-off switch now has four terminals, two for
the ground cable to the battery, and two that connect the alternator into the
ignition circuit.
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html