Re: [Healeys] Toyota 5 speed

To: "'Jerry Costanzo'" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>, "'healey list'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Toyota 5 speed
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:01:24 -0400
Look at:

http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Werner/Smitty.pdf

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Jerry Costanzo
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:53 AM
To: 'healey list'

I have two of these Toyota conversions.  I bought the conversion to move the

shifter as far forward as possible for both.  The transmissions are
different years and one of them has more tension with that forward position.

(harder to shift).  It has worked itself in a little but stiffer.   If you
are putting it into a 3000 or BJ8, you need to hit the hole in the tunnel.
Use the forward shift position.   If it is going in a side shift, you can
put the hole anywhere, so don't worry about it so much.    Both my
transmissions are out of Supras.

Tracy's helpful hints should be read a few times before starting this
project.   It is simple, but there are always questions once you get
started.  I think his stuff is on John Sims website.

Jerry
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html