Re: [Healeys] Mallory dist

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mallory dist
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:59:29 +0000 (UTC)
Am assuming 'pertronics 11' is a dual 'point' kit?

Anyway, the last Lister that had this problem (maybe it was on the Forum)
didn't have the Pertronix grounded. Pertronix switchers aren't grounded through
the distributor--you need a separate ground lead (I like to use the white/black
wire that goes to the master cutoff switch--but you have to move the terminal
to the same terminal as the battery ground).

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

John -

Did you put the plastic rotor on the dist. cam?

Also, check your timing, I notice sometimes these kits put timing off
by as much as 30 deg, so you need to re-time the ignition, that should
fix it.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html