Re: [Healeys] overdrive planetary alignment

To: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] overdrive planetary alignment
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:08:53 -0400
Richard,

I agree, it makes not sense but John Esposito of Quantumechanics says:

I have seen this planetary problem a few times over the years. The only way to
make it useable is to keep trying different positions with the planetaries,
sunwheel and annulus until you get a smooth engagement. I then mark the
planetaries with a punch so you can use it when you need it. This can take a
lot of patience!!!

So, since the "proof is in the pudding", I'll assemble the sun and planetary
gears, along with the annulus and see if the mainshaft will pass through the
sunwheel and engage the spline in the annulus without regard to the position
of the planetary gears. I'll let you know what I find.

Best,

Ed
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html