Re: [Healeys] BJ8 timing is way off what do I do now?

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 timing is way off what do I do now?
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:59:19 +0000 (UTC)
Could a slipped harmonic balancer cause this problem?

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

The only thing to do is to turn the distributor body until the ignition
timing is correct. Use a Xenon stoboscopic light. If you are not
familiar with the procedure have it done by a competent mechanic.
Replacing the distributor and/or fitting an electronic ignition will
throw of the timing.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html