Re: [Healeys] Dunlop racing tyres

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <warthodson@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dunlop racing tyres
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:26:50 -0400
Can't comment on the Dunlop racing tires, but I have now driven 3 different
Healeys on new stock Dunlop Road Speed RS5 Tires, the correct 5.90 x 15" as
per original and absolutely love their smooth sure vintage (bias ply) feel
and handling. The steering is light, smooth and accurate, throttle to road
grip is very responsive and predictable with no surprises, and of course the
look is right, gaining a lot of road clearance in the process. These were
the best tires when the cars were new and it really completes the period
Healey experience.
Of course these tires are expensive and you can expect a mileage life of
only about 18,000 miles, but these days most of us will out time the tire
life (7 years) before we out drive them.

Rich Chrysler