Re: [Healeys] Healey vs. MGC engine

To: "'Jack Feldman'" <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey vs. MGC engine
From: "bispmotala" <bispmotala@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:13:25 +0200
I am the owner of both an Austin Healey mk3 and a MGC.

They are different.
First the MGC has a seven bearing crankshaft which makes for more winding
and friction losses.
Secondly it was the first version of a new engine and the mk3 the last and
that benefitted from years of development. The first 100/6 engine was not
very responsive either. The Austin Healey engine is heavier than the MGC
engine.
Thirdly the MGC is higher geared as if a non od Austin Healey is fitted with
an od box, which mine is.

And don't blame the distributor itself, it needs retiming which I had done
by MG Motorsport in the UK and that transformed the middle speed torque. No
financial interest and all that.

Fix the MGC properly and you end up with a very nice touring car.

Good luck

Sven
Sweden