Re: [Healeys] Ugh

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ugh
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 19:48:32 +0200
Charlie,
LPG was very popular here on large cars in the 50's-80's after which a
decline set in. The LPG installation was difficult and expensive to
adapt to modern fuel injection controlled by computer and oxygen sensor.
At some time about 20% of the cars were running on LPG, now it is less
than 5%. I still run my old Landrover SIII on LPG.
Often the tanks are hidden in the spare wheel well, however this is
rather unpractical as the capacity is not very high. Mainly the tanks
are the 60 or 80 liters variety hidden in the boot.
The old Volvo engine was very suitable to convert to LPG.
Kees Oudesluijs
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html