Re: [Healeys] Tires redux

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires redux
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:05:40 EDT
One more comment in the mix. The wider the tires, in my experience having
driven on a lot of different cars) and the stickier the tread compound, the
more likely the car will feel squirrely on rain grooves (it's call
tram-lining, incidentally, in the motor press, going back to when tires would
get hung
up in the trolley tracks). That's one of the reasons I prefer a higher,
narrower tire for the Healey, with a harder compound. Folks who choose to run
185s, or worse, 205s, may think they look cool, but they are imho buying
trouble.

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html