Re: [Healeys] Carpet installation question

To: <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carpet installation question
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 18:17:10 +0000
Rich

I know Rich C covered it well in the archives, basically the black metal
plates and snap bases hold the jute down, whilst the carpet is trimmed around,
therefore giving enough clearance for the seat runners to move:

quote:

>From the floor up, here goes.....
-painted floor
-heavy felt paper (black tarpaper)covering flat floor areas
-thin layer of burlap looking jute underlay covering flat floor areas
-black painted steel strips about 1 1/2" wide x 17" long with the 3
clearance holes for sleeved seat track nuts
-wood spacer strip for seat tracks
-seat tracks with sleeved nuts passing from underside through floor, steel
packing plate and wood packing strip, etc. onto seat track studs.
-carpet piece that goes under seat is slotted to clear seat track assemblies
and installs from the rear, sliding forward under seat. This carpet piece
goes only to approx. front edge of seat tracks.
-carpet is held in place on floor by 4 ring type female carpet snaps passing
through carpet  and snapping onto male studs screwed through jute, etc. into
steel floor. NO GLUE on floor or tunnel carpets. They need to be able to
snap out to dry when you get them wet.
Hope this helps.
Rich

The original Karvel carpet was not bound at the edges. I have taken quite a
few pics of my installation. How did the window winders work out?

cheers Andy

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us
now
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html