Re: [Healeys] New Radiator-BJ7

To: donham <donham1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] New Radiator-BJ7
From: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 06:42:45 -0700
Have the radiator re-cored with additional cores.  I have done this on healey
as well as Morgan and TR radiators running in Las Vegas NV with significant
improvement in cooling.  These re-cores are dead reliable in 115 degree
ambient temp (125+++ on the road at intersections).

Under no circumstances should you install an electric fan.  The stock fan
moves significantly more air at idle than any electric fan I have seen.
Electric fans make nothing but noise.  If you are moving away from a stock
condition (which you would be with the electric fan), The flex a lite fan
moves enough air at idle to make it difficult to shut the bonnet, doesn't add
additional components and complexity to your car (why add electrical equipment
to a british car!!!)

Jonas Payne
Director of Preconstruction
Thor Construction