Re: [Healeys] 100-4 "M" head gasket leak

To: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-4 "M" head gasket leak
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:16:39 +0200
If the car has overheated you have a big chance that you have to shave
the head again. Also check for cracks, as I think these heads are prone
to cracks. Always fit a cilinder head dry on these cast iron lumps.
Only in some applications in mainly alloy block engines with separate
steel liners some sealant is used between the outer edge of the
block/gasket/head.
Kees Oudesluijs