[Healeys] new update on restoration of 6722

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] new update on restoration of 6722
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:06:43 -0700
All major rust repairs have been completed. heater and radiator are out of
car. Both will be off to radiator shop this week. Radiator for HD cores, and
heater to repair core. Car will be towed to shop for paint removal on
Tuesday. Will pick up next week and return to auto shop at school. We will
complete little repairs that will be easier to do with paint removed. After
final welds and small whole repairs, the car will be off to body/paint shop
where she will be clothed in new blue over white paint scheme.
Then a return to my home garage for final re-assembly. Cold beer and hot
food available for anyone who wants to lend a hand. (spare bedroom available
too for out of town mechanics :) )

At this point I want to thank the many of you who have answered my
questions, challenged my assumptions and questioned my sanity. If it were
not for this list, my buddies at the auto/machine shop at school and my wife
of 28 years I could not be realizing a life time dream (36 years) of
completing my car.

I know the hard part is yet to come, but the goal is now achievable.
cheers
--
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR