[Healeys] Not Healey XK 150 Brake Update - now fuel delivery -

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Not Healey XK 150 Brake Update - now fuel delivery -
From: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:08:19 -0700
It was the M. Cyl Rod.  I shortened the rod and everything worked great, for
about 15 minutes of the cars inaugural ride.  Then it began suffering from
what appeared to be fuel starvation (but could just as easily be a bad coil or
condenser)

Car would not rev over 3k and sputtered and backfired and lurched and stalled
(repeatedy).  Then I would hit the ignition but not the starter, allow the
fuel pump to click a few times, and it would run fine for about 500 feet and
start the process over again.  The fuel pump sounded much weaker than it had
previously by the time I got it home.

Pulled the front fuel filter, full if "red clay" rust particles.  I haven't
gotten to the one in the tank, but expect the worst.  Oddly enough there was
plenty of fuel in the carb float bowls, so I'm a bit puzzled.

Thus it is on to the usual suspects here.

        1.  Drain and flush tank, replace filters
        2.  Test Coil possibly replace
        3.  Put in a spare condenser

However, how do I test the electric fuel pumps (there are 2) in situ or on a
bench?  They are new SU's just like the one I just installed in my healey.

Jonas Payne
Director of Preconstruction
Thor Construction
PH:    (702) 269-2007
Fax:   (702) 269-7095
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

"This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender(s) at (702) 269-2007
and delete all copies from your system.  It is not the intent of the sender to
solicit any person or business.  Please note that any opinions in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Thor
Construction, Incorporated.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no
liability for any damage or loss caused by any virus transmitted by this
email."
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html