Re: [Healeys] Steering allignment

To: lapierrem@sbcglobal.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering allignment
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 18:45:40 -0400
Changing the toe-in will affect the location of the "tight spot". There is no
way to avoid this. Removing the tie rod ball joints won't change this. It
would have the same affect as turning the center rod. For example, as the
center rod is adjusted to increase the toe-in, the steering lever (on the
steering box) must rotate to the right. This in turn will of course cause the
steering wheel to turn to the right. If the tight spot is left of center & you
increase the toe-in the tight spot will move to the right or closer to center.
Gary Hodson