Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines

To: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] External differences of six cylinder engines
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:13:05 +0200
Thanks for the comments everyone. I probably should have been more specific.

Im looking at a very early Longbridge 100-Six which would have had an IC
engine and the integral manifold. As is common, the old head has been
replaced with a 12 port head and HS6 carbs. (Actually the carbs should be
HD6's but that's another issue)

The current owner believes that during a very extensive restoration in 1992
the previous owner installed a replacement engine block. There is no ID tag
on the engine, so I'm trying to visually determine whether the current block
is a replacement IC, or the newer 26 D, or even possibly a 29D.

Derek
www.healeysix.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html