Re: [Healeys] BT7stuck door latch

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7stuck door latch
From: Charles Ulrich <lantana292@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:22:40 -0500
I just went through this with my BT7.  Problem was the aftermarket latch
mechanism.  The striker has a tang on the inboard end which broke off, leaving
the striker engaged while all the rest of the mechanism seems to work.  We had
to completely remove the latch mechanism, which isn't easy with the striker
engaged.  Then we replaced the aftermarket striker with an old one.
Hopefully, you didn't throw away your original!  Good luck!  Charlie Ulrich
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html