Re: [Healeys] BT7 door stuck shut

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Charlie Baldwin
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7 door stuck shut
From: Al Malin <amalin@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:17:41 -0400
Sounds familiar. The driver's door on my BT7 MkII failed to open while on the
way home from Conclave 2009.  One of the mounting screws for the latch
assembly worked its way loose and fell into a position that prevented the door
from opening.

I could see the errant screw only after removing some of the door seal near
the latch.  The door opened just fine after I retrieved the screw with needle
nose pliers.

Al Malin
Tricarb