Re: [Healeys] trans oil

To: healeymanjim@hansencc.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] trans oil
From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:18:26 -0400
I didn't notice any additional leaks in the BJ8 when I put Redline MTL in 3
years ago.  However, I certainly did when I put it in the 100.

As a result I put the slightly heavier Redline MT90 in the 100. Still leaks as
much as with normal 30 wt non-detergent, but not more!  :-)

Randy

Randy Hicks
www.austinhealey100m.com
'56 100 M
'55 BN1 Dealer Le Mans
'62 BN7 MkII
'65 BJ8
'53 MGTD
Healey100M@gmail.com

On Jun 12, 2010, at 10:38 AM, <healeymanjim@hansencc.net> wrote:

> i tried redline in the trans on the bn6.  did not notice any better shifting
and it definitely found a few places to start leaking.  drained it out and
replaced with ND30.  still oozes but no real leaks now.  anyone else
experience this?  i might try it again since the trans had new gaskets then
and maybe they have sealed up better by now.   hjim