Re: [Healeys] Tops

To: <fredwescoe@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tops
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:42:32 -0400
Fred,

Larry is correct, the trim rail attaches to the drain channel on the cockpit
side with the curved lip in the rain channel and a rubber seal between the
two.  There are a number of screws that fasten the trim rail to the drain
channel.  The top is stretched down and under the trim rail lip that hangs
inside the drain channel and is secured there by clips.  This allows water to
drip into the channel and out the five drains.  Don't place the clips until
you are sure the top is where you want it, tape or big paper clips may hold
things before final clipping.   I have sent you a picture of my stripped down
cockpit with the drain channel attached so you can see where the trim rail
would go.  You can see holes for the screws that secure the trim rail--sorry I
don't have any with the top in place.  Maybe I will get some time this week
end to take a few and forward them on.  Hope this helps.

Take care,

George Haywood
'65 bj8

> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:08:00 -0400
> From: fredwescoe@gmail.com
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Tops
>
> Lister's,
>
> I am putting my top back on my BJ7 and need some help.
>
> Does the steel rim at the base of the roof go inside the steel rain
> channel? Or, does it go up against rain channel? It seems that it should
> go inside the rain channel but I am having a hard time fitting it in. Any
> advice and suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Also, what was the diameter of the original steering wheel as fitted from
> the factory?
>
> As always, thanks for the help.
>
> Fred
> BJ7
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html