Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater

To: Paul Baker <paulbaker52@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:42:53 +0800
Paul -

You don't need to remove the dash for this.

The fastest way to fix this is to remove the center console then reach up
and remove the six screws which hold the heater to the bulkhead.  With the
console out these screws are pretty easy to reach.  The heater will then
drop a bit and you should be able to get enough hand space in there to
unbolt the valve and then remove it from the hose.  I've done it this way
before.  It might help to remove one or both of the seats to give you more
room, but I can do it with the seats in place.

Make sure you have a piece of plumbers packing or an o-ring to fit in the
gap to seal the valve to the heater box.

Alan