[Healeys] A bit of tuning advice

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] A bit of tuning advice
From: "Paul Leeks" <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:50:57 +0100
After having problems with the poor running of my BN4, I put an electronic
ignition in the distributer (which was also overhauled) and rebuilt the carbs
using a carb kit.  However, I still can't seem to get any power.

I am pretty certain that the timing is right (having checked it with a timing
gun), all the electric connections (plugs, cables, etc.) seem to be sound and
I cannot identify any specific problems with the carbs (ie leaks around the
inlet manifold, etc.).

So I think the trouble is with the setting of the carbs, but I have been up
and down the adjustment nuts (rich to lean and back again) without any
success.

The symptoms are ... a smooth idle, smooth but very sluggish pick-up on
acceleration accompanied by a loud machine-gun type rat-ta-tat-tat!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul Leeks

Lancashire

100/6 BN4

Glasgows
Customs House, Customs Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2UW

Tel: 01772 767505 Fax: 01772 767566
Email: paull@glasgows.co.uk <mailto:paull@paull@glasgows.co.uk>

EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this message
to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law. Please
notify the sender immediately if you have received this email by mistake and
delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading style of R Glasgow &
Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in England & Wales No.
2257022.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses by Star. The
http://www.star.net.uk
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html