[Healeys] Healey Rendezvous & Birthday

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Rendezvous & Birthday
From: ATIGHTPROD@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:51:38 EDT
Just walked in the door from a great time in Oregon. All the driving up and
 around Oregon was a blast. The club drives were much fun and then the trip
home  was eventful. Just north of Shasta Lake I was traveling south on
highway 5  and going around a corner and the left rear tire blew. Stayed safe
and in  control, made it to the side of the road, pulled over, and had it all
fixed and  back on the road in about a half an hour. All good. Continued
safely to  Sacramento, spent the night and continued on home. Told my friends
all I needed  to do is make it another hundred and fifty miles or so and I'll
be in the free  tow home range.
    My car must have heard me, with 150 miles left on  the trip, my fuel
pump gave up the ghost and I coasted to the side of the  freeway. Forty
minutes later and she's sitting on the top of a flatbed and were  both being
driven home. And good thing, because when we game to the bottom of  the
grapevine
heading towards Los Angeles, cars were backed up, not moving and  it was
HOT!!!!!!! For those who don't know, the "grapevine" is a big steep hill
right south of Bakersfield and leads up and over the mountains into Los
Angeles.
    So the fuel pump was very much a blessing in  disguise, and I can't
think of a better day to have this all happen on, so  here's to you, Mr. Donald
Healey; Happy Birthday and I'm happy to drive one of  your "smart" cars.
You and my car, got me home safe and gave me a wonderful week  away with other
Healey folk! Thanks!
    And thanks again to all the folks in Oregon, much  fun!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html