Re: [Healeys] Hardtop vs Soft Top

To: "'gilbert gauthier'" <comkanuk@cgocable.ca>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hardtop vs Soft Top
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:09:47 -0700
I have a capesport hardtop.

If you're comparing the hardtop to the soft-top (in "up" position), I would
say the hardtop is cooler....just the fact that it's painted white makes a
difference.   Also, the hardtop's fiberglass does not retain the heat
whereas the vinyl soft-top does.

I have a BJ8 so I use the sidevent windows to keep the air flowing....I also
have the Works hardtop vent which makes a significant difference.

Paul