[Healeys] Conclave Adventure Part 2

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Conclave Adventure Part 2
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 00:26:43 -0400
Part 2 of Thurs. adventure.

A little farther up the road (up as in elevation) it stopped raining and we
pulled over at a rest stop where we met a young man with his 2 young sons who
admired the car and told us he had a friend who lived in our home town.  We in
fact knew of his friend.  I thought he was going to say that he had a friend
that had a Healey back in the day (seems that those 80 some thousand sure
changed hands a lot since everybody you meet either had one or had a friend
who had one once).  We continued on through Wilkesboro and up into the
mountains towards West Jefferson and our awaiting motel room.  It started
pouring down rain again and continued all the way up Hwy 221 till just before
West Jefferson and we pulled into our motel, checked in with the Patel's, and
dried out in our room.  The best thing about the room was the shower and the
bed--what else would you want, Eh!!  Well I wanted to report the days
happenings but the wireless network was not cooperating.  I gave up and went
to bed.  We arrived there at around 9:30PM tired and wet but happy with our
days journey.

Stay tuned for more on-the-road adventure.  Will catch up tomorrow for today's
and tomorrow's happenings if my computer acts nicely.

George & Sherry Haywood

'65 bj8

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3