[Healeys] Day 2 of Conclave Adventure

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Day 2 of Conclave Adventure
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:34:53 -0400
Well friends, this is day 2 of our trip to Galena.  Today's (Friday-I'm a day
late on this report remember) journey took us from West Jefferson, NC thru the
rest of the NC mountains, Western Va & Ky Mountains, and on to Winchester, Ky
just East of Lexington, Ky.  We woke up to a nice morning with cool
temps--great for top down driving so that's what we did.  I got lucky and
chose some very nice Healey roads to cross those peaks.  First we gassed up
and stopped @ the local IGA store to get fresh fruit and drinks for the day,
then headed out.  The AM driving was perfect as was the scenery.  We headed N
on Hwy 221 to Alt 58 and headed west.  You just can't describe the beauty of
these hills.  It was overcast so we couldn't see the mountain tops but that
brought cool temps.  We especially enjoyed the flowers growing alongside of
the roads.  Beautiful lavender, white, bright red, and some yellow flowers
were all around us.  I can't imagine anyone planting all those so I guess they
would be called wild flowers.  We made a left turn in Va somewhere and noticed
a woman hitch hiking.  She put her thumb down when we turned so I pulled off
to ask her why she dropped her thumb so fast.  We struck up a conversation and
found that she was traveling by thumb across the country in a crisscross
pattern.  She started in Ohio and had been to the NE states already and now
headed west.  She was on a solo missionary trip spreading the Gospel.  We
wished her good luck and safety and went on our merry way.

The Healey was running fine again and pulled up those mountain roads
effortlessly with a low note that rumbled so sweetly in the morning air.
Continued in additional parts.

George & Sherry

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1