Re: [Healeys] off by 3/16"

To: fsufan1952@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] off by 3/16"
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:01:56 -0400
I assume the engine is attached to the motor mounts & they are attached to the
frame. If so, I don't think you have much freedom to move the engine fore &
aft, but you can try adjusting the transmission drag link to see if this
helps.  This happened to a friend & we attributed the problem to an
accumulation of tolerances because he has a new (reproduction frame). In his
case the motor mounts on the fame & the fire wall were closer together than
original by about 3/16". Do you have a new frame?
Gary Hodson