[Healeys] too hot

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] too hot
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:05:13 +0000
living in las vegas, the term "too hot" tends to be relative.  the other day
when it was 113 degrees and i had to go somewhere in he healey (which is
something i try to avoid), my temp would go up to about 220 at a stop light.
it would run about 212 at speed.   i still have the original radiator and 4
blade fan  on the bn6.  the problem was not with the cooling system, which
never boiled over, but with the vapor locking of the fuel system.  i am in the
process of insulating the fuel pump, carbs and lines wherever possible with
reflective insulation and hope to solve the boil out problem.  i read the other
day in my classic car magazine where today's fuel has less vapor pressure than
previously and older cars have a problem with this.  wish me luck and i will
keep you posted.   hjim
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html