[Healeys] Overdrive Deceleration

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive Deceleration
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
John,

I just read your article on the overdrive on your site, healey6. Nice site.
You say the roller clutch allows the OD to drive the rear wheels but not the
oposite, as it will damage the OD unit.

Knowing you can't possibly keep ALL deceleration force off of the OD unit, how
much can the OD manage and how much is too much before it's damaged?

Does one's driving style change when the OD is engaged?
Is engine breaking absolutely forbidden?
What the minimum time the OD should be used before it's being engaged and
disengaged too much, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 or more?

Greg
65BJ8

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html