Re: [Healeys] o/d

To: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] o/d
From: "Ron Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:27:46 -0500
Folks,

When I bought my 1959 BT7 in 1971 it was missing the overdrive relay and
throttle switch.  The overdrive worked fine for the 2 or 3 years that I
drove the car very hard, inflicting as much abuse into any car that an 18-21
year old could do.  After that time, the car went into restoration/storage
until 2004 when a frame up restoration was completed.  The restoration
included a new aftermarket overdrive relay and throttle switch.  Everything
worked fine until maybe 2008 when either the overdrive relay or throttle
switch quit working.  I disconnected the appropriately relay to the relay
and haven't bothered to investigate what failed since the overdrive still
works fine.  Rumor has it, according to my wife who initiated the rumor,
that I still drive the car like an 18 year old.

  Ron