Re: [Healeys] Two more BJ8 parts

To: Rick Huber <hubrick@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Two more BJ8 parts
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:27:08 +0200
Rick,
These OD switch plates for MG's can be found quite easily on Ebay.co.uk.
I do not know if they are identical but they look rather similar at least.
E.g.:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-MGB-MGC-OVERDRIVE-SWITCH-BEZEL-ESCUTCHEON-SATIN-/160460120808?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255c2b22e8
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dashboard-overdrive-switch-MG-/230457613006?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a8581ace
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-MGB-MGC-OVERDRIVE-SWITCH-BEZEL-ESCUTCHEON-CHROME-/150468902882?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2308a53fe2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Overdrive-Switch-Bezel-MGB-1976-/220637826220?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335f0a0cac

Rick Huber wrote:
> Last week's note was so successful I think I'll go to the well one more
> time.
>
> I just sent back the driver's side door handle,  Moss Part No 021-729, for
> BJ7 and Phase I BJ8, because there were two significant nicks on it.  The
> passenger side handle is installed, but it doesn't fit well, the handle
> doesn't match the curvature of the door.  So I'm going for nice used.  My
> original handle is broken. Does anyone have a very nice original driver's
> side door handle they're willing to part with?
>
> I made the mistake of sending my dash switch bezel, Moss Part No 633-800,
> the LHD with Overdrive, to be rechromed, and as I could have expected, the
> chroming process has partially obliterated some of the letters on the front
> of the plate.  First question is can this be remedied - i.e. is there away
> to get back the sharpness of the letters now that the chrome has gotten down
> into the grooves?  If not, second question does anybody have a nice original
> bezel they're willing to part with?  New one's are only $44.95, but I'm
> concerned that a new one won't be as nice as an original.
>
> The good news is that we installed the windshield and the passenger side
> vent window on my BJ8 yesterday, and it's looking fantastic.
>
> Cheers,
> Rick

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html