Re: [Healeys] What to fill your level shocks with

To: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] What to fill your level shocks with
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:49:10 +0200
I do not think this is a good idea. Hypoid or engine oil should not be
used in shock absorbers or any hydraulic system, I would not be
surprised if they would destroy some seals. Also viscosity and e.g.
foaming properties would not be suitable.
Use the specially formulated shock absorber oil as used by rebuilders or
perhaps available in motorcycle shops. I do not know the viscosity though.
Perhaps hydraulic oil is a suitable alternative??
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Greg Mandas wrote:
>  Hypoid 90.  Good idea or bad?
>
> Greg

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html