Re: [Healeys] Ignition Wire Set

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ignition Wire Set
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:16:59 +0000 (UTC)
I second Alan's comments--first-hand experience.

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Charlie -

I would not recommend any modern type wire set for any Healey unless
you purchase a TR6 dizzy cap (fits on BJ8 dizzy) or replace the dizzy
with a Pertonix/123/Mallory dizzy.

Your best bet is to make up your own wires using bumblebee wire or any
other solid metal core wire. The cap on the 6-cyl works best with
solid metal wire core. If it's any kind of suppressed wire it will
fail with that screw cap.

Alan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html