Re: [Healeys] Solid core non-resistor wires

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Solid core non-resistor wires
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 14:38:32 +0000 (UTC)
None of the gendarmes who have stopped me to, uh, admire my Healey have
complained about interference (I have solid copper wires).

I use resistor plugs and the wire terminals have 15KOhm resistance built-in. My
AM reception is good as long as I'm tuned to a station--I hear the fuel pump
and every cylinder fire if I'm not--and haven't noticed any problem in my other
cars when the Healey is running nearby.

Are there any laws stipulating that suppression wires must be used? Or is it
just good citizenship? At any rate, suppression wires will fail in the screw-in
type distributor cap sooner or later, so it's solid copper or use a different
cap.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

And everyone's AM radio and FM radio, not to mention the police radio in the
highway patrolman's car.
that could make for a very interesting conversation.
Be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html