Re: [Healeys] Timing Question

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Timing Question
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:22:26 +0000 (UTC)
I always thought centrifugal advance was 'all in' before 4,500rpm. If
centrifugal advance was all in at, say, 3,000 rpm which would be high,
part-throttle cruising then the vacuum advance should add a few degrees as
well.

Seem to recall the max advance spec was around 35 deg at 3,000-3,500 or so, but
not sure.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Does not sound illogical to me as the timing would be accurate in the
power band you are using when driving spirited. At those revs the
mechanical advance system is at max.
Be sure though that the balance weights and springs are in good order
and moving otherwise you may turn up with the wrong timing at low revs.
Kees Oudesluijs

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html