Re: [Healeys] Nearly Smokeless

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Nearly Smokeless
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:06:24 +0000
Well apparently this was too long winded and bounced.

Hey Rich!
I've been known to ask for trouble before.  Combination of redneck tendencies
and inexperience.  :)  "Hey, what could possibly go wrong?  Hold my beer and
watch this!!  Huh, who woulda thought that could happen!"  ;)
I'm not at the car at the moment, but I don't remember seeing the speedo or
tach drive cables there ( no big surprise.  I don't remember much. ), but I do
recall seeing the wiring passing to the upper left.  It's close to the screw.
I'll have to check that later.  The speedo and tach are operating as before.
The OD is functioning.
Yes, I swapped the fuses for their spares.  ( I didn't swap the 50 with the
35.  :))  I have now deduced that the 35 amp fuse 'spare' is non-functional,
though it appears to be good visually.  I asked myself the question: "What did
I do between having signal lights and losing them?"  And, I realized that I
had changed the fuses, which didn't 'fix' the problem, and then I had
neglected to return the fuses back.  That got me the signals, gas gauge and
brake lights back.
With my limited vision with the progressive glasses, I did do a visual and
gentle prodding with my fingers under the dash and the back of the headlight
in particular and all looks to be attached at the headlight switch and
everywhere else that I could see.
I'm not blaming her.  She doesn't do anything by herself.  ( Maybe it's st
andreas fault?  ;))
So, what did I do?I drove with the headlights on.  They were functioning when
I shut off them off prior to shutting off the car.I also drove with the tunnel
unfastened, but it wasn't 'bouncing around'.  There was that extra drive after
using the headlights though.I refastened the tunnel right after that drive.  I
guess that contact with the terminals could have happened at that point ...
Does anyone know if those wires would be live with the car shut off?
Robert

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html