Re: [Healeys] Sticking brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net, pennell@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sticking brakes
From: Jim LeBlanc <jim_leblanc@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
I have fixed this problem on 2 Healeys. Both had sticky hydraulics. One had
very dirty disc brake calipers. We dismantled, cleaned and problem was gone.
On the BN-1 and BN-2 master cylinders, they are famous for dirt causing the
long piston to stick. In all cases I no longer rebuild cylinders. I send them
to a rebuilder for the perfect job.

In the case of the BN-1 and BN-2 using silicone brake fluid requires
modifications to the master cylinder.

To me it is unlikely a problem with hoses. With three wheels sticking, it is
likely the master cylinder. Usually easy to diagnose and fix.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M