[Healeys] =?utf-8?q?BJ8_Clutch=3F?=

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] =?utf-8?q?BJ8_Clutch=3F?=
From: <ggilliam@usol.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:58:30 -0400
I have a used BJ8 Trans and overdrive, condition unknown, but said to be
"fine" when last used. You've all heard that before, I'm sure.

 Some day I hope to install it in my BN4, which clunks badly in first
gear, and seems to have poor synchros, and no overdrive. The clutch I got
with this trans has two of the locating links on the pressure plate cover
worn or torn off one end of each, if you can picture what I'm saying. What
would cause this? Is this an indication that the trans or OD could be
suspect? Is there any way to bench test the trans/OD prior to installation?
Inspecting the trans internals appears clean and no obvious (to me) faults.

 What difficulties other than tunnel cover differences will I encounter
with this swap?

 So I would probably buy a new clutch set anyway when it came time to
install the trans., can it be used with the existing side shift trans
should the newer replacement be un-usable?

 Thanks,

 Gordy

 Longbridge BN4
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html