Re: [Healeys] Heat wrap vs. ceramic coating

To: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heat wrap vs. ceramic coating
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:39:39 +0800
Tadek -

Having seen the work on your BN2, I would highly recommend going with the
Jet Hot coating from the US for your Exhaust Header.  It will keep engine
temperature down substantially, and really make the car a nice one to drive
as far as you want in Europe without worrying about heat problems in the
engine bay.  Again, a link to the header on my Atlantic, which still looks
exactly the same now as it did in the picture, even after a couple thousand
miles:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Healey.Nut/1952AustinA90AtlanticSportsSaloon#5186413418446009474

<http://picasaweb.google.com/Healey.Nut/1952AustinA90AtlanticSportsSaloon#5186413418446009474>It
makes a huge difference in the amount of heat under the bonnet.  Very
effective:

http://www.jet-hot.com/
http://www.jet-hot.com/headercoatings.html

<http://www.jet-hot.com/>The Extreme Sterling is what you want, and it is
far more durable than old fashioned ceramic coatings.  It's not too
expensive, the only thing is you have to remove all the studs and bolts from
your header before sending it.

Alan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html