Re: [Healeys] Jag/weber ??

To: "'Jeff Pelletier'" <jeff@pellfam.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jag/weber ??
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:02:26 -0700
Hi Jeff,

Weber's are tough to tune....a bit of a circular function as you tune
things.  However, when you do get them going they're great.

The coughing you are referring to is often referred to as "Spitting" and
occurs when the carbs are burning lean.  If this happens when you start
putting the foot down, it could be a number of things but likely either the
idle jet or the chokes are not lined up evenly with the progression tubes.
It is the combination of the idle jet and the progression tubes that control
mixture at the lower rpm.

Before you do anything, make certain that all six chokes are perfectly
synchronized.  They have to come off idle and through the progression tubes
together.....very important.

Suggest you get a couple of books on tuning webers.....and some help.

Paul