Re: [Healeys] Continuing the thermostat thread

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Continuing the thermostat thread
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:48:13 -0400
No, it never goes above 212, even idling in traffic.  It didn't go above 212
while motoring for hours through the California desert at 118 deg. ambient.
It doesn't always go to 212, either.  If I drive at night or early in the
morning, it's more like 190.  If it's a long trip, the gauge will rise with
the ambient temperature and be up to 212 by the afternoon on a hot day in
summer.  It never dumps boiling coolant.

I changed to an alternator in March, 2002, but all the other pulleys are the
same.  Nobody else with an alternator has had this problem as far as I am
aware.

msb