Re: [Healeys] semi off topic

To: Dave Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] semi off topic
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:56:07 +0200
  This engine is a very sturdy unit of 4 liter capacity.
It was used in the Austin Sheerline/Princess, later Jensen PW, Jensen
(early) Interceptor, Jensen 541, 541R and 541S and it was also used
various other cars, trucks and perhaps tractors.
They can be fitted with 1, 2 or 3 SU's and the top range delivered about
150BHP.
The gearbox used was a Jaguar Moss box, I believe, fitted with OD.
I may be wrong but dimensionally it may be similar to the 3 liter as
fitted to the AH.
It is a rather lazy but very strong unit with bags of torque that will
last for ever if properly maintained.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html