Re: [Healeys] Distributor on the 100 engine

To: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor on the 100 engine
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 07:58:09 +0100
Tadek

Did you replace the camshaft bearings? When fitting the centre one it is
very difficult to get it in precise rotational alignment. If it is a
little out the apertures in the bearing will not fully align with the
block and the edges might protrude a little. This can cause problems
when fitting the oil pump or the distributor. The outside diameter on
the gears is tight fit when being fitted through the cam bearing which
as I say has to be carefully aligned.

I know of this problem from experience. Fortunately I noticed this early
and was able to remove a very small amount of bearing edge with a file.

Regards

--
John Harper
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html