Re: [Healeys] Fw: 100 front brakes

To: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: 100 front brakes
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
replying to this section:

> Also make sure that the pedal can return fully (is the
> diamond-shaped indentation in the footwell there?) This also
> makes an awful lot of difference.

I am missing this diamond shape indentation after rust repair to the footbox.
As a result the brake pedal "lever" is touching the footbox.
My plan is to make a negative mold in MDF or so, use the nearby screw holes to
locate it on the cockpit side and some long reach clamps to clamp this in place
through the brake pedal/clutch pedal holes and hammer or press this shape in
from the outside. Probably also keep this piece in place with a 2x4".

Anybody else had to do this or used a different method?  Is 5/16" or 8 mm (5/16
* 2.54) deep enough?

thanks,

Bert
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html