Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure

To: Paul Leeks <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:26:21 +0800
Paul -

If it's low when hot,  it's probably not air in the line.  To double
check, put a tester pressure gauge on the feed pipe mount on the
block.

By your description, I suspect you probably did replace the relief
valve spring, right?  If so, you probably got one of the springs that
are floating around the repro market that is just a couple mil too
short.  Many on this list have put a washer between the spring and
relief pig to fix this exact problem.

I'd start there, it's an easy fix!

Alan